Thursday, August 6, 2009

Futureb's Reviews 06.07.08

Ceremony Location - Plymouth Congregatioal
WOW..the church has been great to work with! everytime I had a question they would call me the same day and always treat me nice. Gerry and Susan are great..Rehearsal and Day of ran super smooth! The Bride's room is nice and comfy too.

Officiant - David Menendez
I was iffy on doing the ceremony bilingual, but the Pastor was wonderful. He made everything flow and smooth. Never a stutter nor long pauses. The ceremony was beautiful and to the point. Everyone was able to understand him. I highly recommend him. Our meeting with him also went great, he made us feel very comfortable.

Reception Location - The Hotel
WOW...I knew my guests would like the hotel but they were beyond wowed! I am still hearing how wonderful it was. The hotel is a boutique property in the heart of South Beach, kind of hidden. The staff, the F&B Director and the food were A++++++. The staff was always accommodating with the food for everyone and the drinks too. The hotel is full of color and unique items that makes for gorgeous pics. We were a chaotic and loud group but they handled the entire party extremely well. ALl my guests felt very welcome there.

Caterers - WISH Restaurant
Everyone loved the food!. it was Surf and turf, filet mignon and lobster tail with asparagus and herbed mashed potatoes. Delicious and very accommodating, temperatures of the steaks were taken for each guest. Wine was served during dinner. The signature drink was the Mango Mojito served during the cocktail hour..they were perfect and refreshing! Food and drinks were delicious!

Cake Creator - Couture Cakes, formerly known as Cakeabilities
I had a few cake tastings before I chose this vendor. I went with Gladys (my BM, GLADYS0410) and we had a great tasting...better than the others I went to and she had delicious flavors. She was also pretty affordable so we booked her on the spot. Communication with her has been great via email of phone. I had her do a few sketches for me and she was always great to work with. I was so excited to see the finished produce and our two mini cakes, I had told her she can design those as she wanted. When we saw the cakes in the pool area, we loved them! the colors, the style, the setup. The only piece of cake I had was when we cut it for the pics..and it was little so I didn't concentrate on the flavor, I didn't worry on having a piece becuase I was going to take the minis home for after the HM. When I came back from the HM I had a few ppl tell me the cake was dry. The flavor was good..but it was not as moist as it was at my tasting. It's disappointing because I looooove cake and the tasting was delicious. I don't know what happened because the cake was not outside long. I did get my mini cakes after my HM and I tried them myself. They are delicious but maybe a bit dry for my taste. I think the minis were maybe more moist than the 3 tier cake but not as moist as the tasting. I still recommend this vendor because everything else was great (look of the cake, comm, etc) but I would make it a point to let her know maybe about my experience and make sure it is moist.

Florist - Nevot Flower Designs
I had heard he was a bit "flaky", but he was the MOST affordable florist I met and he knows what he is talking about. I met with him and booked him right away. I didn't know what I wanted for the bridal bouquet and the BMs but he helped me decide and I loooved the end product. Everytime I met with him or called him he was always available. He delivered on time and the bouquets and cocktail centerpieces were perfect. I didnt' get dinner table CPs with him because the hotel provided that. Nevot provided me with hot pink peonies in square vases for the cocktail hour...and i loved them! All the bouquets were fresh and beautifully bright! no complaints

Photographer - Trevor Goldsmith
I can't say enough of him. We truly love his work and his style. He has been awesome to work with and always has a great attitude. he loves what he does and it shows. At both the Epics and the Wedding day he was very punctual and goes to work right away...he is a Professional and has a great eye! My friends loved him! He has a great candid/classic style that we couldn't resist. The pics he posted on his blog are gorgeous!

Videographer - Utopia
Working with them has been great up to now. The videographers introduced themselves to us the day of the wedding, they were very professional and subtle. they left until the very end, I can't wait to see the video. From what I have seen I feel I'll be very happy though.

Disc Jockey - Sounds by Alex
It was April and I still had no DJ. I went to my coworkers wedding and we loved Alex. Luckily he was still available and he was the most affordable too. Loved him and he is definitely a sweetheart to work with. Everyone was on the dance floor...all night..never a "dead" moment.

Musicians - Mariachi Internacional
This was my dad's gift to us. They were very punctual and sang for 30 min. This was more for my dad..but we all had a great time listening to them. My dad's complaint..they should have been louder, but I did tell them they couldn't be too loud...Miami Beach has a noise ordinance law...so it wasn't really their fault.

Transportation - Miami Beach Rent a Car
They were great...very easy..I went and picked up the car and they picked it up from the hotel the day after the wedding. We rented a white Chrysler 300 for 100.00!

Invitations - Jackie's Graphics
She did my invitations and programs! Everyone raved about them. She is very nice..easy to work with, gives you lots of options and she works pretty fast. I recommend her in an instant! Prices are great and she really works with your budget!

Tuxedos - The Tux Shop
I found them through a friend. Johnny the owner is a sweetheart and so easy to work with! My out of town GM had no issues at all. We sent him the measurements via email and he had everything ready the week before the wedding. Soo many options to try on at the store. He also picked the tuxes at the hotel the day after, Free of charge!

My Dress - Brides of Florida
My dress got there on time..and the alterations (free) were done right. Macky is very enthusiastic and loves what she does. I can't say I had any issues with her or my dress. I ordered it in Oct and recieved it in April. Maggie Sotero..i loved my dress!

Bridesmaid Dresses - Sira D'Pion Couture
I wanted the BP to have their own dress style so we decided to have them made so we found her at a Bridal Show. She is very nice..and had great samples at her boutique so we all agreed and booked her. She did my BM dress for my best friends wedding March 2008 and even though they dresses came out ok..they were not what I pictured. Gladys who also walked the wedding was VERY unhappy with her dress and my aunt who is a seamstress thought the dresses were all badly made. At this point the deposit and fabric for my wedding was already given and it was too late to change so we hoped my wedding would be better. At the fitting the girls told me that Sira was much more detailed and involved in their dresses so we thought there would be no drama. Well in the end one of my BMs dress was terribly made, the underlining was all bunched up under the dress, the zipper was too long so it created a bump on her butt. My aunt fixed it as best she could but that should NOT have even been an issue for the amount she charge and she even puts SIRA COUTURE as a tag! Your work needs to represent you so I do not recommend her for making dresses. Apparently she has other ladies who work for her..so your dress might end up being great or just very badly made.

Hair Stylist - Alcira
Alcira has been GREAT! At my trial she was very patient and helpful. She did my hair for my bridal shower and day of wedding. I loved them all. She is very sweet and you can ask her a million questions and does not get annoyed. Very punctual and professional. She did my entire BP and my mother...there were no complaints!

Makeup Artist - Jenesse
She had done my makeup at two previous weddings I walked. I really liked her so decided to book her for my wedding. Very punctual and she even went in her wheelchair. She had an accident a few months ago. Very sweet...fun and friendly. Again..my BP loved her and there were no complaints!

Honeymoon Destination - MEXICO!
We stayed at Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya...wow..we were treated like VIPs all throughout! It's just for adults....we had a fantastic time! the food..the scenery, drinks..staff..everything was A+++ I definitely recommend it. They had champagne, petals, fruit for us, we had an oceanview and 24 hour room service! It rained 2 days, but that did NOT ruin our vacation.

Other Vendor - Bayleys Boxes
Boxes were adorable and arrived on time. We also ordered the blooms the go on top..super cute. We used them with 2 mini cupcakes inside...they fit perfectly. We got the large trinket boxes.

Other Vendor - Delicioso Bakery
Eli has been wonderful! I ordered cupcakes for my bday, bachelorette and minis for wedding favors. Always on time and great tasting. The minis were delicious and super cute....she also packaged them up for me!

Other Vendor - Shortys - Doral Area
WE wanted something very casual and laidback. They were very easy to work with..they have this room where we sat..all to ourselves no extra charge. There is no minimum per person..so you order what you want...we ordered 3 of their family meals for 18 of us...soo much food...I had to take chicken home! They also let us decorate..i took tablecloths and confetti (mexican theme). We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment