Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vicki2914's Reviews 06.06.09

Chic Parisian Bridal Salon: B for service / A for quality
My experiences here were more or less a mixed bag. But there were more good then bad. When I 1st went to CP I had the misfortune of being paired with the sales woman named Lucy. I found Lucy to be pushy and disingenuous. After I tried on a dress I loved, Lucy called me literally every other day and each time she called the dress had a new price. It got to the point where I never wanted to return to the store. I actually called the manager to share my experience with the calls and the new prices. The manager seemed to not care too much. I guess that is encouraged business practice there. I found it to be close to a car salesman. But that’s just me.

After 6 months of dress shopping, I returned to CP and specifically asked for the sales lady named Isora. I had a wonderful experience with Isora and I bought my dress that very day.

After I purchased my gown, I dealt mostly with a lovely woman named Lorraine. I cannot say enough about how classy and accommodating Lorraine was during my wedding dress process. For my 1st fitting, Lorraine was unable to help me and I was with a seamstress who spoke no English and another women who served as the translator. The translator was quite possibly the nastiest person I ever met at CP. She was not only rude but HIGHLY confrontational. It was my 1st fitting, I was there with my MOH, my mom and my grandmother. We left feeling very uneasy and generally in a bad mood. It was not a fun time at all.

I waited a few days to see how I felt and I decided that I would not have the same experience for my remaining 2 fittings. I called and spoke with another manager and explained that CP is supposed to be an elegant and classy salon and my experience was ANYTHING but elegant and classy. She apologized and assured me my remaining 2 fittings would be different.

Lorraine was with me for the final 2 fittings and I had a different seamstress. My remaining 2 fittings were perfect. Very friendly and they actually listened to my concerns. My dress fit perfectly and I felt like a princess on my wedding day.

Overall they came through when needed – but remember that you are your own advocate! This is not just for CP, but for the entire wedding planning process. If you do go, I highly recommend asking for Lorraine and have her guide you through your entire process there. She knows right from wrong and is just super sweet to work with.



Obridal.com: A+
I ordered a veil from obridal.com. The veil was the exact same quality as the one I later purchased from CP – except a 1/3 of the price! I ordered my veil from obridal on a Sunday and it was delivered on Friday. I paid for the basic shipping. I would have worn that veil without question except that it was too light for my dress. I bought a cathedral length ivory veil and I needed dark ivory for my gown. I highly recommend obridal.com for a veil. http://www.occanseydesigns.com/



Fare to Remember Catering: A
The entire staff at Fare to Remember is a class act. They are organized, friendly and efficient. Aside from that, the food is not just delicious, but praise-worthy. My guests have not stopped raving about the food at my wedding. They said it was the best wedding food they ever had and said that it tasted like they were at a fine dining restaurant. I have to agree with them! DH and I could not have been prouder of the food served at our wedding - and we were very, very selective. Many of our guests came from NY and we really wanted the food to stand out.

It was served creatively and tasted wonderful. On top of all this, Fare to Remember was very reasonably priced! We had sparkling water served at our ceremony, 8 passed hors de vours, a 3 course meal, a sorbet intermezzo, wedding cake, top shelf liquor (Kettle One, etc), all tables, linens, place settings, etc. All of this was less than $100 per person. If you want specifics, please email me or page me on the SFL board.

I will be a long term customer of Fare To Remember. If I ever need catering, I will be calling them – without a doubt. All of my friends and my parents friends asked me for their info after the wedding.

You can see pics from our tasting under the “Trials” tab here in my bio. They made sure DH and I had our own servers and we felt like royalty. I cannot speak highly enough of them. http://www.faretoremember.com/



Florida Photobooths: A+
The photobooth was a total hit! Phil is the owner and operator of the booth. He is very friendly and professional. Ultimately, I went with Florida Photobooth because they use the same exact model machine as NY Photobooth and we felt it is the most authentic vintage-styled photobooth. But when you get inside, it is anything but vintage! It has touch screen operation and guests can chose between black and white photos or color.

The photos come 6 pics to each turn in the booth. I think it was a great favor and I love that I got a copy of all the pics I got the CD of pics from Phil within 2 weeks of our wedding.
http://floridaphotobooth.com/



Blueshore Productions Video: ** final review pending final product, but “A” for all communications leading up to wedding and “day of” services **
Jeremy was always a real pleasure to work with. He was friendly and thorough. We have seen our mini-trailer and we were very pleased and are looking forward to seeing our video! We asked Jeremy to not use a lot of filters in our final edit. We really wanted the video to be an authentic reflection of our wedding day. http://blueshoreweddings.com/



Stephan Maloman Photography: A+
Stephan is a true talent. He is confident, easy to work with, friendly and has a very good sense of humor. FI really liked working with him too. Stephan takes a tremendous amount of personal pride in his work and I love that about him. I am very, very glad he shot my wedding. Our family and friends have been fawning over our pictures like no other! I know quite a few of our friends and friends of friends will be calling him to shoot their weddings.

I would hire Stephan again in a second. My pictures are magazine-worthy and stunning and I think he has eye like no other. We never knew we were being shot – except for the formals, obviously. There are a lot of great photographers in the SFL area; I think that Stephan just happens to be at the top of that game.
http://www.maloman.com/
http://malomanblog.com/


Ocean Florist: A+
My flowers were elegant and gorgeous. My CP’s were unlike anything I or my guests had ever seen. My chuppah, the bouquets, the centerpieces, the bouts, etc. were all perfect. I gave my mother my bouquet and my sister gave my mother her bouquet. They were both alive and well 9 days after the wedding. My mom was thrilled!

Guerdy, and her head floral designer, Tom, were always willing to switch things around for me. They really wanted me to love everything about the wedding design. They didn’t want me to just like something. I very much appreciated that they wanted to “blow me away.” That’s how they measure their success. I was completely blown away by all the floral and lounge furniture at my wedding. I was even more excited when Guerdy took the strung orchids from the chuppah and decorated the sweetheart table and our chairs with the strung orchids during the cocktail hour. She even took all the strung orchids and put them in the limo for us on the way home. My BM’s took a long strand and decorated our bed with it in a big heart. It was so sweet!
http://www.oceanflorist.net/
http://oceanflowersmiami.blogspot.com/



Devine Designs By Guerdy A+
Guerdy is just a delight to be around! She is full of energy and is very creative. I consider her the consummate professional. She understands what the elements are of a classy event and I never once had to question her taste level.

I plan events for a living and some of my guests are also in the industry. Each of them has taken the time since my wedding to tell me how “on point” she was during the wedding. She was never flustered and always polite – yet decisive with how she wanted things to look. Her assistant brought our personal flowers to the Biltmore and stayed with all of us until everyone got into the proper limo.

All in all, Guerdy is 100% on top of everything and she fully allowed me to be a guest at my wedding. This is not easy since I plan events myself, but that’s how good she is. I fully recommend her and Ocean Flowers, the floral company she owns. I loved that my florist/planner were the same company because she took complete control and ownership of the event and how it looked.

Lastly, Guerdy, collected all of the items I had bought for the wedding from my house and after the wedding she brought all the items back to my house! I never had to pack our car and meet her anywhere. She really made it easy for me the last few days leading up to my wedding and the few days after when I was exhausted!
http://www.designbyguerdy.com/
Guerdy Réjouis-Abraira
Direct: 305.769.1979
Fax: 305.769.3579



Deering Estate – A
I am very pleased with Deering Estate. It is a beautiful place to get married and I just love that fact that there are a few sites at the venue to host different elements of your wedding. Originally, we planned on having our ceremony on the lawn in front of the water. The rain was so heavy the few days prior and the day of that it was no longer possible since the lawn was flooded. That was perfectly fine, we worked around it.

Since the lawn was flooded, we had our ceremony in the Courtyard and our cocktail hour in the Richmond cottage. We had not paid for the Richmond cottage so I thought it was very nice of them to allow us full use of it for our cocktail hour

I had told Leslie, the event manager that we needed to use the golf carts for some of our guests who are handicapped. This was not an issue and the staff made sure our older guests and handicapped guests were driven around – they were so accommodating!

It is a historic property and that means there are a lot of rules. As long as you are fine with the rules, this is a lovely place to host a wedding or event. I didn’t want fireworks at my wedding so many of the rules didn’t conflict with my plans.

My only complaint was that the ballroom did get very hot. It may have been a combination of people keeping the doors open to come in and out but I wish the A/C had been stronger. But that didn’t stop anyone from dancing or enjoying themselves. All I can say is thank goodness I bought those palm fans. They were a lifesaver to my guests!! But again, this goes back to Deering being a historic property and these are little quirks of old venues.

I would still have hosted my wedding here. I only wish I could have gotten married Nov – March. Unfortunately, that was not possible b/c of DH’s school schedule. But we did get a nice discount for getting married during the summer months. June 6 was the 1st weekend of their “summer” season so I believe we got 25% off?? I cant remember fully. But either way, it is a gorgeous place and everyone loved how it was not the standard hotel ballroom. Well everyone except, the few who complained to me how hot it was. Lol!! But hey, its Florida in June, what did they expect?



Music For Anything, string trio: D+
They played beautifully - when they showed. There were some music professionals in the audience at our ceremony and they did praise the trio. My guests had no idea what a nightmare they were to deal with.

The nightmare only began the month leading up to my wedding. Until then, Victoria Joseph was easy to get in touch with and pleasant to deal with. In the few weeks leading up to my wedding she went MIA. I emailed and called. My planner emailed and called. I was polite and friendly in all of my emails and voicemails with her.

The last few days leading up to my wedding, I didn’t think they were showing at all. DH and I went on to iTunes and downloaded a ton of Vitamin C string quartet music the night before our rehearsal dinner. Frankly, I was really excited about our new music and I didn’t even care that MFA wasn’t showing up. I was mad that I had paid ½ already, but sometimes these things happen.

I mentioned this situation to DH’s groomsmen and he offered to get Victoria Joseph on the phone. Miraculously, he got her on the phone w/in 30 min. Leave it to a determined businessman from NYC!

Victoria assured the GM that she would be there. Adam and I still gave our planner the CD that we burned. The trio did show – right at 5 pm. 5 pm was the scheduled time on our contract. I was told previously that they would be ready to go and playing at 5 pm.

Whatever, they showed up. My guests were impressed and I was pleased to have live music. But, I do not recommend them and I hope they are out of business soon. They do not deserve anyone’s hard earned money and they certainly don’t deserve to be part of anyone’s big day. They got a D+ because when they did arrive, they played beautifully.

And Victoria, if you’re reading this, you have a lot to learn about business but even more to learn about karma. Good luck.



Carlos Abanto, Guitarist: A+
Carlos and the percussionist I asked him to bring were perfect! He played during my cocktail hour. They gave that certain Florida feeling I was going for. Carlos is quick to respond to emails and beyond accommodating. He did his thing and I would not hesitate to hire him again for a party or to recommend him. I asked him to play acoustically – no backup track. It was great!
cabanto@aol.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=231WQP2Fco4



In The Mixx Productions, DJ: A+
Jay Stevens was always quick to respond to my emails and he is very organized. He gave me a great deal, and they DJ was top notch. I gave them a specific playlist and they stuck to the dinner list 100% and the dancing playlist 90%. I danced the entire time and so did most of my guests. We had a lot of people going nuts on the dance floor!! I am going to attribute that to the fine bartenders and the talented mixing of the DJ. He was a real DJ. No song was played all the way through. We loved it! It felt like a fun club/lounge. Our DJ was DJ Cab. He was so good!!
http://inthemixxproductions.com/



Studio By Carmen, Bpics and Rehearsal Dinner Coverage: A+
Carmen is fun and talented! I don’t think anyone can shoot a woman’s body like she can. She does nice work on weddings and engagements sessions too, but since I hired her for Bpics and my RD I will stick to that.

My Bpic session was extremely comfortable and also a lot of fun! It was empowering too! I cannot even express how much I love, love, love my bpics. DH liked them too - he really, really like them! (wink, wink) I didn’t think he would be nearly as into them as he was – ‘nuff said.

I have since shown my book to quite a few of my girlfriends and they cannot get over how amazing the pics are. Many of them are working out and saving up to get their pics done for anniversaries, December holidays, Vday, etc. I am so in love with my book that I may just carry it in my purse and show my pics to random people at Publix when I am in line waiting for check out – that’s how much I love the final product. I could care less that I am ½ naked – I look that good! And I am not super fit or even high on myself. But those pics are the real deal! I am a model! (lol – j/k)

For my rehearsal dinner, Carmen came and brought her husband as a second shooter. They were both extremely friendly and I cannot wait to see what pics they got. I already saw the pics she took of the Groom’s Cake and I am just so happy I had a professional shoot our RD. It took all the pressure off of us, our family and friends to get pictures. We just enjoyed dinner and enjoyed each other. I highly recommend Carmen for bpics and anything else you would like her to shoot.
http://www.studiobycarmen.com/
http://www.provocateurbycarmen.com/



Las Vegas Restaurant, Rehearsal Dinner: B
Everything leading up to the RD was perfect and dinner was delicious. It is the service that led me to give them a B. I wish I could have given them an A!!

Service was incredibly slow, cocktail orders were messed up, food came out to all of us in spurts. Some of our RD guests were finishing up their meals as other were just being served. There were 50 of us and everyone ordered 1 of 3 options.

I would have a private party there again and I would recommend them as well. But I would just mention in the planning process with the manager, Carmen, that it is very important to have the food come out at more or less the same time and to please be sure all the servers could speak or at least understand English if your guests only speak English. Overall, everyone loved the dinner and the food was tasty and very reasonable. My in-laws were pleased so I am happy overall.



Biltmore Hotel:
I am holding off on this review for 24 hours. I have spoken with the general manager of the hotel and I am awaiting his call responding to some issues that arose while me and all of my wedding guests were at the hotel. I will post a full and honest review once 24 hours passes. I will also post how the GM offers to rectify the situations.



Amy Palma, hair & makeup: A+
Amy is amazing. I looked better then I had imagined on my wedding day. My makeup and hair lasted all night – through rain, extreme humidity, sweat, dancing, etc. She has a great vibe about her and is a true professional. She comes with everything – including her own chair! I would recommend her to any bride out there and I would certainly go to her if I ever had an important event to attend again.

My mother loved her hair and makeup. I think it was the best I had ever seen my mom’s makeup look. She allowed my mom to look at herself each step of the way. She has a ton of patience too. Let’s just say someone (not me or my mom) tested her tolerance level and she was calm and professional the entire time.

Amy also came through big time when bridesmaids needed help – for free!! Please see the review below for details on makeup and hair for the girls.
http://www.sobemakeupstudio.com/
http://blog.sobemakeupstudio.com/



Cosmetic Goddess, bridal party hair and makeup: C-
Abby was very easy to work with prior to my wedding. She responded to emails quickly and was on the ball. I wish she and her hired assistants could have carried that professionalism through to my wedding day.

Abby and her team were over an hour and a half late to the hotel on my wedding day. They had 6 bridesmaids to do, 1 wedding guest and 2 grandmothers. I had prepaid her 100% for her services and I was a little nervous. Abby never called when she was late, we had to call her. After we called her the 1st time my MOH got the impression she was lost. She said she would be to the hotel in 30 min. 45 min later we called her again and she said they were close. I am not sure how long after that they showed up because I was getting my hair and makeup done at that time.

The Cosmetic Goddess team comes in with matching tank tops that say Cosmetic Goddess and they look like a professional “glam squad.” But that was pretty much where the organization on their part ended. The Cosmetic Goddess team was supposed to come with 3 stylists/makeup artists and 1 assistant. They came with 3 girls only. When they got to the hotel room they told us they needed chairs. So now we had to call and get housekeeping to bring up additional chairs. I think it would have been smarter had they told us one of the 2 times we were on the phone to make sure we had chairs. I never even thought about it b/c Amy Palma came with her own folding style directors chair.

I will say that the makeup that Abby did was flawless. My girls looked so beautiful. The makeup was great – the hair was awful. This is probably because they were rushed, but whose fault was that?

2 of my bridesmaids had their hair done and as they walked out of the chair and into the bathrooms, their hairdo’s fell out. It was a mess! Amy Palma – thank goodness – helped those 2 BM’s out.

One of Abby’s team members actually left a BM in the chair hair ½ up, makeup ½ done to take a personal phone call on the balcony. This would not have been too much of an issue if the limo wasn’t already downstairs and if they weren’t an hour and a half behind schedule. When one of my other BM’s went out to the balcony to ask the stylist to come back inside, she gave my BM the “one minute” finger and told her she was on the phone.

Aside from all of this, I did call Abby the week after my wedding to discuss the issues and also some of the unprofessionalism 1 of her girls showed. Abby emailed me that she was “on a shoot” all week and she would call or email me on one of her breaks. I waited 4 days and then emailed her that I would like to speak with her before I review her business online. My phone rang less than 10 min later. I thanked her for calling me and told her why I was dissatisfied. She was full of excuses. It was raining was her biggest excuse.

But at the end of the day, I believe they were late to begin with and also never bothered to get proper directions to the Biltmore. She did not offer anything to compensate me or my wedding party for the stress caused. I did not call her looking for a partial refund, but I do think she could have offered me a discount for the future (not that I would have used it) – or at least something to make up for the drama caused. I don’t think that some of these vendors in the bridal business remember that word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising. I had 6 bridesmaids. Each one of them could recommend her in the future – none of them will after the way everything was handled the day of my wedding.

I do not recommend Cosmetic Goddess. This is sad to say too b/c Abby was very sweet and the reviews on Wedding Wire were good. But there is a serious professionalism issue there and the quality of hair styling is lacking. If you need makeup and you just need Abby, I would say go for it. If you need anything else, I would look elsewhere.



Calligraphy by Michele Clark: A+
Michele is awesome. She is super reasonable too! I cannot say enough about this woman or her technique – she learned a new font for me! She made my invitation envelopes and my escort cards glamorous.

Book her early if you want to hire her. She gets book months and months in advance!
http://calligraphybymichele.blogspot.com/



Glidewell Press, - STD’s and invitations: A
My invitations were absolutely gorgeous! Adam is quick with his work. He does seem a tad disorganized at times, or maybe its more that he doesn’t have a sense of urgency until the last minute? I had to stay on top of him with my invitations because we were coming down to the wire and the letterpress plates weren’t ordered yet.

But overall, my invites were the invitations of my dreams! They looked like they came straight out of Ceci NY, but for ¼ of the price! My save the dates were also very nice! I would recommend him w/o reservations.
http://www.glidewellpress.com/



Rev. Milan Kralik – officiant A+
About 3 months before our wedding, DH and I decided to change our officiant to Rev. Milan Kralik. I had seen him on a Ray Roman video and I was extremely moved by his service.

DH was a little apprehensive about meeting Rev. Kralik, especially since we met with him at a church, since DH is Jewish. But we spent 2 hours with Rev Kralik and DH told me hands down this is who should officiate our wedding ceremony. We both found Rev. Kralik to be authentic, enthusiastic about us as a couple, flexible, professional, kind and funny. He has the best voice ever too – this man should do movie trailer voiceovers!

Aside from the fact that he was literally 1/3 of the price we were paying for the rabbi, we just felt like Rev. Kralik was the best fit for us. He also assured us he would be there for our rehearsal which our rabbi told me he would not attend.

At our wedding, Rev. Kralik was absolutely perfect. There was not a dry eye in the house! I have had almost everyone who attended my wedding tell me that it was the most moving and authentic wedding ceremony they had ever attended. And I agree – not just b/c it was mine – but because he is that good. I feel blessed that we had such a kind hearted man marry us. DH said it was more than he ever could have anticipated. Email me for his phone #. Or you can call and ask for him at Coral Gables Congregational.



Meilan Limo A+
I had a wonderful and easy experience with Meilan. My ceremony and reception were in the same place so I didn’t need to pay for limos to sit and wait for hours and hours. Meilan was flexible and allowed me to get 3 one-way stretch limo transfers from the Biltmore to Deering Estate. It was wonderful! I also got a return one-way transfer of a 14 passenger van and a Lincoln sedan for DH and I back to the hotel. I prepaid the service and the tip. They came on time, were friendly, and had the A/C blasting. I would hire them again and recommend them w/o reservation.
www.meilanlimo.com/



Nordstrom, Groom’s suit: A+
If you are going to buy a suit, this is the pace to go. There is such attention to detail and customer service is #1. We went to Men’s warehouse, Macy’s, Hugo Boss, Ted Baker and Bloomingdales. Nordstroms doesn’t necessarily have the most competitive pricing, but their service cannot be beat – and alterations on the suit were free.

I have never seen DH feel better in an outfit. He loves that suit!!



Fontainebleau Resort, minimoon: A
This place is just the best! DH and I have had the good fortune in staying in a few posh hotels and resorts (thanks to Priceline!) but this place just screams Miami glamour! We saw a ton of celebs at the pool each day and we just felt like we were at one of the most exclusive resorts the entire time. The hotel room had an Apple computer in it with free internet and you can also order room service from it – so chic! DH is an Apple fanatic so that was just the epitome of cool to him.

We ate at Vida, Blade and Scarpetto. All 3 restaurants were just delicious. Also we didn’t find them to be too crazily expensive. Yes, they were pricey, but we have spent far more on other meals that we didn’t enjoy ½ as much. I would say with alcohol you are looking at $100 per dinner for a couple plus tip. It’s not something we could de every weekend, but this was our minimoon and we lived it up. Champagne, appetizer, entrees, dessert – you name it.

DH and I used to live on South Beach so we weren’t crazy excited to be there for our minimoon. But the best part is that you never have to leave the resort. We could have been anywhere in the world. It was a true vacation for those few days. If you need a place to go for drinks, dinner or a weekend getaway, this is the place to go!
http://www.fontainebleau.com/gcm/nar/en-us/home/index.htm



Biltmore Hotel, hotel offered to OOT guests & where I stayed after RD and to get dressed : C+
The Biltmore only gets a C+ and not lower is because the hotel itself is gorgeous and in the end, an Asst. Manager called me a month after my wedding to resolve some issues and offer me $100 refund. We got a phenomenal rate as well. But the service was awful! On top of the fact that service was awful, my room had severely leaking windows. The first day I checked in, my room flooded from the large window in the bedroom as it rained. My friends and I ran to the bathroom to grab towels, move my wedding dress and shoes and call the front desk. Some other windows were leaking water, but none as much as the bedroom. Maintenance “rushed” up 45 minutes later. We were all speechless that we had to wait so long. We used EVERY towel in the room to sop up the mess.

Aside from the fact that the hotel knew I was a bride and that all of my bridal items were in this room, I would have thought they would have wanted to preserve their rooms better. The maintenance man told me that he could not fix the window at that time and promised to be back the following morning at 11 am. The next day was my wedding day and none of us noticed that maintenance never came until it started raining again. And this was not just rain, it was heavy, sideways rain! Once again, the room flooded on the side by the large window. This time we already had my wedding dress in the other room, but we did have my veil there – which we needed to have re-steamed.

I did not want to wait for maintenance to come at their leisure again so I went to the lobby (with my hair in curlers) to speak with someone at the front desk. I told them of the leaking windows – because there were a few. I was really easy going about it, because I wanted to have an awesome day with no drama. The front desk was understanding and they told me they would send someone right up. While I was at the front desk, I told them that my friends had brought some champagne and asked if they could send some glasses up for us. They said it wouldn’t be a problem.

20 min later, maintenance arrives and 5 min after that, the glasses arrive. When the glasses arrive I was asked to sign a bill for $15 for glasses! I am by no means cheap, but if my room has flooded twice and the second time it floods is the morning of my wedding and I come down to the lobby in my “bride” outfit and curlers, the hotel can’t comp. me and my friends and family some glasses?!

Rather then go into an entire essay on what is wrong with the Biltmore, I will try to highlight some of the most ridiculous issues below:

No hot water on Friday night for the entire 4th floor. Unfortunately, my family, most of my guests and I were on the 4th floor. I had a cold shower before my rehearsal dinner and I took a cold shower when I returned from my RD.

Valet allowed numerous ppl – some of whom I am not sure were even my guests – to charge their valet to my room. When I disputed some of the valet charges that I didn’t recognize they simply told me that if someone came up and used my name, the valet was charged to my room. WTF? Why didn’t they ever call me in the room to allow me to ok these charges?

Some guests were greeted with champagne at the front desk – as promised in my contract and others weren’t.

Upon check out, my guests had to ask (argue) for a reduced rate due to the cold water incidents. Some guests got better discounts then others. It was completely unprofessional. A hotel of this caliber should not force guests to ask for a discount after they have cold water only in their bathrooms for over 24 hours. And then to know that some guests got a deeper discount then others when they all checked out within the same 2-4 hours??? The hotel should have offered a discount to ALL guests on the floors that were affected by the cold water – whether they were my guests or not.

When I checked out, I asked to speak with a manager about the cold water, window leakage, champagne glass charges, etc. I waited 35 min in the lobby and then the manager was very condescending with me. I was very nice with him esp because I had just gotten married the night before and the last thing I wanted was confrontation.

At the beginning of July, I got computer generated email asking for my opinion on my stay. The letter was “signed” by the GM of the hotel. So I picked up the phone and when I got the hotel automated system, I punched in the name of the employee I wanted to speak with. He picked up on the 1st ring!! I told the GM briefly of my concerns and he told me I would get a call within 24 with a resolution. He was 100% right. The asst GM called me w/in 24 hours and they did offer me a discount.

Overall, I would stay there again b/c it is a beautiful hotel and the size room I got was HUGE!! But they really have some customer service issues to work on. If you stay here before your wedding, I hope you get much better service then my guests and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment